About Rodtec Engineering Services
Professional Biography of Manny J. Rodriguez
Manny J. Rodriguez is the President/Owner of Rodtec Engineering Inc., a consulting company specializing in utility relations by acting as a liaison between the client and the utility to facilitate negotiations and help achieve the client's goals and objectives.
Mr. Rodriguez recently retired from Florida Power and Light after working 45 years with the company. The following is an outline of his experience with FPL:
- 1993 to April 2013: FPL Miami Dade County Regional Director. Responsible for Governmental and Community Relations in Miami Dade County.
- 1990 to 1993: FPL Area Commercial Manager. Responsible for Customers' Residential and Commercial Electric accounts in Miami Dade County.
- 1980 to 1990: Hialeah District General Manager. Responsible for all FPL activities in NW Miami Dade
- 1979 to 1980: FPL Miami Dade Engineering Manager. Responsible for all Distribution Engineering activities in Miami Dade County.
- 1975 to 1980: FPL Supervising Engineer. Responsible for all Distribution Engineering activities in Miami Central which includes the cities of Miami and Coral Gables
- 1968 to 1975: FPL Engineer
Mr. Rodriguez earned a Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering from University of Miami. He also earned an MBA from Florida International University. He is a graduate of the Columbia University Graduate School of Business Executive Program and the Brookins Institution.
Mr. Rodriguez was awarded "The 1982 Engineer of the Year Award" by the Association of Cuban Engineers, the "2001 Man of the Year" by the Theodore R. Gibson Memorial Fund, the "2011 Hispanic Executive of the Year" by the South Florida Hispanic Chamber, and the 2013 Henry M. Flagler "Community Builder Award" by the Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce.
He serves on the Executive Board of the Miami-Dade County Youth FAIR, the Zoological Society of Florida, Florida International University President's Council, and the Gibson Memorial Fund. He also serves on the Board of the Jackson Memorial Foundation, the Latin Builders Association (LBA) and the Cuban American National Council (CANC).
Mr. Rodriguez is a Registered Professional Engineer in the State of Florida. He is a graduate of the Quality Institute in Winter Park, Florida, and has served as a Florida Governor's Quality Sterling Award Examiner. He has conducted Quality Assessments for Qualtec, an FPL subsidiary, and for Iberdrola, an electric company in Spain. Mr. Rodriguez is a veteran of the U.S. Army.
Manny and his wife, Irene, live in Miami-Dade County.